Lensatic Map Compass
This compact, light-weight precision compass is designed for accurate navigation. Why carry a compass? Even with a GPS, a compass and map remain an essential tool for backpackers, campers and outdoor enthusiasts. If your batteries run out or you lose a signal, the GPS becomes a big paperweight but will not help you get home. Basic navigation skills with a compass and map can save your life. Why buy this compass? Not all compasses are created equal. This compass has several features that set it apart from the pack.
- The needle housing id liquid filled to steady the needle, making more precise reading.
- Rotating bezel ring with degree marks from 0-360 degrees in 1-degree interval.
- The sighting mirror improved your ability to make more precise readings. When the mirror is partially open, you can sight through a notch at the top while simultaneously view you bearing and sight on a distant landmark. The mirror can also be an emergency signal mirror.
- The base plate includes several tools including map scales for 1:50,000 and 1:25,000.
- Both millimeter and inch rulers
- Magnifying lens.
- The lanyard is perfect for carrying the compass.
- The fold overprotective both houses the mirror and protects the compass from damage.
- Easy to read markings makes this a perfect choice for poor visibility.