HyFin Vent Chest Seal Compact – Twin Pack
The HyFin® Vent Chest Seal Compact Twin Pack from North American Rescue sets the standard for the prevention, management, and treatment of an open and/or tension pneumothorax potentially caused by a penetrating chest trauma. Two seals, each individually packaged, are designed to allow the user to apply a seal to both an entry or an exit wound while also giving the option to only apply one and store the other until needed as the situation requires. This innovative design provides 3-vented channels designed to prevent airflow into the chest cavity during inhalation while allowing air to escape through the vent channels during exhalation. The 3-vent channels are designed to allow blood to escape and also provide a backup fail-safe system, as even if two of the three channels become obstructed, the vent is designed to remain fully operational.
Advanced adhesive technology provides superior adhesion as the HyFin® Vent Chest Seal Compact Twin Pack is specifically designed to overcome adverse conditions in austere environments where the casualty may be covered in blood, sweat, body hair, or other environmental contaminants when a reliable chest seal is mandatory. Packaged in a more compact, rugged, easy-to-open twin foil pouch, each chest seal also includes a gauze pad to wipe the wound surface prior to application. The HyFin® Vent Chest Seal Compact Twin Pack has a large red pull tab for single-step peel-and-apply application, while the transparent backing facilitates easy placement over the wound area, conforming to the patient’s chest.
- NATO NSN# 6510-01-682-2091
- Smaller packaging, approximately 25% smaller than the standard HyFin® Vent Chest Seal
- 3-channel pressure relief vents
- Two Chest Seals for the treatment of entry/exit or multiple penetrating wounds
- Advanced adhesive gel for superior adhesion, even to sweaty or hairy chests
- Large red tab for single step, peel and apply application that also allows for burping the wound if necessary
- Rugged, easy-to-open foil package featuring signature Red-Tip Technology® tear notches with perforated twin packaging allowing rescuers to open only one dressing at a time as needed
- Device: 4.75 in. x 4.75 in. (excluding tab)
- Packaged: H 3.875 in. x W 6.6 in. x D 0.13 in.
- Weight: 1.55 oz